Saturday, January 18, 2014

Oh the struggles...

Anyone else out there with weight issues? Well, welcome to the club (it's probably the worst one to be in). All I ever want to do is eat. Food, food, food that is all I can think about sometimes. It's hard living in a world where bodies are compared and looked at so often and you can't help but succumb to the pressures of looking perfect. Below is a quote from Tina Fey that fits the expectations of today's society perfectly. Honestly, it's hard being fat. Critiquing how you look all the time, throwing out clothes because  you look fat in them, watching your friends eat everything and not gain any weight while you watch in envy. It's not fair. I'm not going to pretend that I'm okay being different because I know I'm not the only one who wishes to have a super model body. How you look is important because it is how first impressions are formed and automatically you get judged. And to add to all this, boys don't look at you the same. Nope, you will never get picked up based solely on your looks. I also have olive skin and dark hair which just adds to me not looking like the typical brunette haired, skinny girl next door that guys fall for in an instant. Don't get me wrong, personality and character matter, but sometimes, it isn't enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment